Truth Collection Interview!

20.7.14

Recently, I had the chance to chat with Kamii Nettles, the designer of the indipendent woman's knitwear brand Truth collection! If you don't know anything about it, you should definitely check it out! They have awesome edgy tops and sweatshirts!
Inline image 2
How would you describe Truth Collection?
Truth is a luxury and casual cool knitwear line. Not only dedicated to women loving what they wear, but find joy in connecting with consumers in an emotional way. We want women to know they are loved and beautiful, with or without having that special someone in their life.
Inline image 3
Where and how you get inspirations for your awesome clothing?
Aww…Thanks! We are inspired by music, art, TV shows, movies, and real life experiences. A lot of times ideas come from our personal experiences or perhaps what my friends experienced on their journey of finding love.
Inline image 4
How did you come up with the idea of having a clothing line?
In 2008, I graduated from college, was laid off from work, and lost my first true love all in one year. It was too much to handle, so I decided to turn to the two things I loved most, graphics and fashion. I began designing tops but knew I wanted my designs to have meanings. All I could think of while designing, is all of the lies that the guy I once loved told…then it hit me. I was going to create a line for women and call it Truth.

What are your plans for the future?
We plan to keep creating clothes that matter. Staying true to the brand is very important to us. One day, we would love to expand to denim, collaborate with other brands and from there...wherever the wind takes us. 

Whom Truth Collection addresses to?
The girl with a fearless attitude and an open heart. She's passionate and a bit quirky. She sings pop songs and dances around in her underwear. She's confident, and loves her imperfections. She's a women of mystery who wears her heart on her sleeve.

t-shirts pictured in this post are available for purchase at truth collection.com.

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comment